I don’t usually like those “copy & paste” posts that go viral on Facebook, but there was one recently that I enjoyed. It asks you to list the top 10 (lol) favourite albums of your life, over 10 posts.
Since it was impossible for me to pick only 10, I’ve divided them into different life phases, and limited them to ones I’ve listened to obsessively throughout the years. Ladies and Gentlemen, the categories for nominations are…….:
Sounds of Childhood
The College Life and…
My So-called Adulthood!
Today’s post is….
The sounds of childhood…
- Michael Jackson, Album: Thriller, 1982
- Lionel Richie, Album: Can’t Slow Down, 1983
- Whitney Houston, Album: Whitney, 1987
- Paula Abdul, Album: Forever Your Girl, 1988
…and teen years
- Sun Jammin’, various artists, 1991
- Beauty & The Beast, Movie Soundtrack, 1991
- Soup Dragons, Album: Love God, 1990
- Much Dance Mix ’92, various artists, 1992
TLC, Album: CrazySexyCool, 1994
- Eric Clapton, Album: Unplugged, 1992
- Stone Temple Pilots, Album: Core, 1992
Blind Melon, Album: Blind Melon, 1993
- Radiohead, Album: Pablo Honey, 1993
- Dangerous Minds, Movie Soundtrack, various artists: 1995
Numerous Honourable Mentions:
- Deep Forest, Album: Deep Forest, 1992
- Greg Joy, Album: Celtic Secrets, 1993
- Sophie B. Hawkins, Album: Tongues & Tails, 1992
- Ugly Kid Joe, Album: America’s Least Wanted, 1992
- Metallica, Album: Ride the Lightning, 1984
- Metallica, Album: Metallica, 1991
- Led Zeppelin, Album: Led Zeppelin, 1969
- Mary Poppins, Movie Soundtrack, 1964
Yup. From TLC to Radiohead, and Metallica to Mary Poppins, music has been my constant companion.
What are some of your most memorable life soundtracks?